Purpose of the Quality Engineer role –
To help maintain the quality system on site, work on process development and to assist with transition activities, within the quality area.
Quality Engineer duties include –
- Analyse data and review process stability and capabilities.
- As and when required, update/produce Control plans, PFMEA and process work flow instructions.
- Assist with product and process continuous improvement.
- Work closely with all teams on site, to help ensure that the project requirements are in line with the internal Transition Process and this is documented correctly.
- Investigate quality issues and produce written cause and corrective action responses.
- Help manage 1st article inspection activities, for new and transition parts.
- Apply the correct problem solving tools such as 8D, Ishikawa and 5Y.
- Assist with both internal and external Quality audits, ensuring compliance to internal, customer and any regulatory standards.
- Assist with the training of staff (Quality and procedures)
- Using tools such as SPC/MSA studies, assist with the Identification of key characteristics requirements and processes.
Quality Engineer desirable skills/experience/attributes –
- Experience in a similar position, within a mechanical engineering environment.
- Able to read and work from technical information.
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 / AS9100 systems.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Tool and Techniques
- Experience in NPI and Product Transfer (ideally)
- Self-motivated and pro-active work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering education (ideally Six Sigma trained)
Quality Engineer position benefits –
- Friendly working environment and hours.
- Opportunity to work for a leading and ever growing manufacturing business.
- The potential of working in this role for a long period of time
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.